Step 1: Idea.
Every successful project starts with a good idea, if you think you have good idea or a great cause you truly believe in, please proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Registration & Login.
To sign up, simply click Sign up on the navigation bar located at the top and follow these steps.
- Enter in your desired username and email address, make sure that it’s a valid email address since the registration confirmation email will be sent there.
- Press Sign up.
- Go to your email’s inbox and open the email titled “Coinfundr user registration”, if you can’t find it in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
- Click the link located in the email, and you’ll be redirected to the password setup page.
- Set a secure password and press confirm.
- You should now be redirected back to coinfundr’s homepage, if you aren’t, press the “Return to Coinfundr” link.
Due to security reasons, coinfundr employs a 2 stage login protocol, meaning that you will need a verification code sent to your email every time you login. To login follow these steps.
- Press the Login button on the navigation bar located at the top.
- Enter in the username/email and password you recently set up and press Login.
- You will now be prompted with a request to enter the verification code / OTP (one time password).
- Go to your email’s inbox and open the email titled “OTP: Login at Coinfundr”
- Copy the 6 digit code from the email and paste it into the OTP request and press Login.
Step 3: Starting a campaign.
To start a campaign, simply press on the “Start a campaign” link on the navigation bar, below is a guide with short description of what each field in the campaign form does.
- Enter the campaign title, this is pretty self explanatory. Make it short and concise so that backers know exactly what your campaign is about.
- Enter the campaign details, this will form the bulk of your campaign’s main page, so make it as elaborate as possible and include lots of images! We recommend that you include details such as campaign goal, reward details and the reason you chose to crowdfund the campaign using cryptocurrencies.
- Enter the campaign’s short description, this will be shown on the homepage and the explore page along with your cover image. It should be a short summary of your campaign which shouldn’t exceed 280 characters.
- Choose a campaign category from our dropdown menu which most accurately describes your campaign.
- Upload a cover image, this will be the image shown in the homepage and the explore page along with your short description.
- Do you have a campaign video? If you do, we recommend that you upload it to a video sharing site such as youtube, as our platform doesn’t currently support uploading videos. Once uploaded, enter the video link into the “Video” field, this will be displayed right at the top of your campaign page.
- Enter the start and end date for your campaign, this will determine your campaign’s duration, once its past the end date, your campaign can no longer receive any backing.
- Enter your desired funding goal, it should be noted that your campaign won’t end even after the funding goal is met, and will only end once the end date has been reached. Naturally the whole site is functioning using bits (1 BCH = 1,000,000.00 bits), so we recommend that you use tools.bitcoin.com to convert your desired funding goal amount into bits.
- End method is an additional option where you can make your campaign last indefinitely by choosing the “Campaign Never Ends” option, this is primarily meant for campaign which requires constant funding such as charities etc.
- Country and Location is pretty self explanatory, you should enter the country and city in which your campaign is taking place.
- If your campaign has a reward for backers, enter in the details including the reward image, reward description, backing amount, delivery date and quantity if there’s a limited quantity.
- Lastly, once you’ve checked everything, check the terms and condition box and press submit campaign.
Step 4: Promote.
Once you successfully submitted the campaign, promote it by sharing it on your respective social medias.
Step 5: Backing.
Now all you have to do is wait while backers begin to back your campaign. During this period you can view the progress of your campaign by going to your actual campaign page or clicking your user dashboard located on the navigation bar located at the top.
Step 6: Success.
Hopefully your campaign has been successfully backed, if so, please proceed to steps 7 and 8, if not please consider posting a campaign update to update your backers on how you plan to proceed with the funds received, one option you can take is contacting the backers individually to return the funds received.
To post a campaign update please press the dashboard link on the navigation bar located at the top of the website and follow the steps below.
- In your user dashboard, hover your mouse over the “Campaigns” link and press “My Campaigns”.
- Here you will see a list of campaigns you’ve created.
- Find the campaign you would like to post an update for and click the “Update Campaign’ button located on the right.
- Post your update and intentions and press the submit button.
If you do intend to contact your backers to return their funds, please follow these steps below.
- In your user dashboard, hover your mouse over the “Campaigns” link and press “Pledges Received”
- Here you will see a list of pledges you’ve received along with the backer’s email address and other contact details.
- You can then use these contact details to contact your backers individually to arrange the returning of the funds received.
Step 7: Withdraw.
It should be noted that unlike existing platforms such as Kickstarter and Indiegogo, users can withdraw Bitcoin Cash as soon as they’ve received some backing as long as its over 1000 bits, which is the minimum withdraw amount on our platform. In fact, users are encouraged to withdraw regularly to their own wallet for added security. To withdraw please follow the steps below.
- Enter your user dashboard by clicking the “Dashboard” link on the navigation bar located at the top of the website.
- Within the user dashboard, press the “Withdraw Bitcoin Cash” link.
- Here you will see a list of campaigns you’re eligible to withdraw from, please proceed by selecting the campaign you wish to withdraw from by clicking the “view details” button located on the right of the campaign.
- Now press the “Withdraw” button located at the bottom of the page, and a submission form will appear.
- Within the submission form, please enter your withdraw amount followed by your Bitcoin Cash address. While we recommend using the Cashaddr address format, our platform actually supports all existing Bitcoin Cash address format.
- Once again, press the “Withdraw” button to confirm, once the withdraw request has been submitted the page will automatically refresh.
- Once refreshed you will see whether your withdraw request has been paid or not. Usually withdraw requests are paid instantly. In cases where it isn’t, our team will manually process the withdraw request within 24 hours.